You have no items in your shopping cart.
The Sticklers EB Cleaning Swabs ensure EB networks deliver fast, reliable and consistent data speeds
- Ideal for cleaning EB fibre connectors is harsh environments, such as in combat situations or at sea
- Remove particulate, moisture and haze
- Patented sintered polymer fibres for consistent, high-purity cleaning
- Ultra clean construction - does not contain fabric, foam or glue
- Precisely moulded to clean the entire end face
- EB cleaning swabs are perfect for 1.2mm and larger connectors
- Uses a porous, thermally-sintered polymer tip mounted in a sturdy plastic handle
- The tip has a unique, patented geometry that gracefully fits over the lens of the EB connector
- For best results, use with Sticklers™ Fibre Optic Connector Cleaning Fluid that cleans effectively, dissipates static and leaves no residue
- Come in high-purity self-sealing bags
- 50 Swabs per box (10 swabs in 5 self-sealing bags)
EB (Expanded Beam) connectors do not employ the normal 'butt-contact' design. Instead they feature a non-contact technique where the fibre is sealed behind a lens. Clever design minimizes back reflection or insertion losses. Expanded beam connectors have a high tolerance for dirt and debris, but even the best EB connectors, such as the OPTOKON expanded beam system, suffers from contamination in combat conditions. Best practices dictate that cleaning is performed routinely. But, the geometry of EB lenses mean that standard fibre optic cleaning tools simply will not work.