You have no items in your shopping cart.
Fiber optic tester that performs link verification and automated fault tracking in seconds. Empowering frontline technicians to explore further and do more.
Cut hidden costs to reduce total cost of ownership (TCO)
Hidden costs throughout a product’s life make up a massive, yet sometimes overlooked, part of TCO. And it includes more than just the initial purchase price.
Optical Explorer’s lifetime calibration, patent-pending click-out optical connector and field-replaceable battery empower field techs to do more directly from the field, cutting costly downtime and logistics associated with factory-based updates, maintenance and repairs.
Meet Optical Explorer
Keeping up with the accelerated pace of fiber deployment plus meeting 5G deployment challenges mean that frontline technicians need a fundamental shift in their testing approach—enter Optical Explorer.
Make it simpler.
Boost your workforce output without increasing headcount
- Simple-to-use test tool: intuitive design requires minimal training to use—perfect for frontline field techs no matter their experience level or testing background
- Fix problems on the go: minimize the costs and delays associated with deploying level-2 expert support and additional truck rolls
- Ultra-lean interface and no complex settings for ease of use and reduction in manual errors
Do it better.
Upskill frontline techs plus unique 5-star rating scale, to boost work quality
- EXFO Advisor validates link quality in seconds, assigning a 1-5 star rating according to industry best practices
- With power checking and light source capabilities combined in a rugged and compact form factor, Optical Explorer is a familiar, intuitive field companion that instantly upskills any field technician
- Link Mapper improves pinpointing of faulty elements: locates all faults and detectable elements by reading their relative position instead of interpreting distance
Do it faster.
Speed up installation, service activation, mean time to repair, and time to revenue with leaner MOPs for improved ROI and customer satisfaction
- Get leaner methods of procedure: confirm link quality and/or identify faults in a simple, one-step quick test.
- Test insertion loss and ORL in a single-ended process, no need for tedious referencing.
- Reduce mean-time-to-repair (MTTR) by cutting down on troubleshooting and escalation tickets.
- Don’t lose time on good links. In 5 seconds, Fault Explorer confirms a pass (IL, ORL, and length) on good links while tracking only suspicious events.
- Frontline technicians leave jobs assured of smoother, faster service activation or recovery time.
Get stronger networks.
Take control of QoS and gain confidence in your fiber infrastructure ahead of its next evolution
- Less service disruption and troubleshooting tickets as links are verified and fixed at installation and activation
- Delivers visibility over the robustness of links in relation to the type of traffic carried
- Any singlemode link up to 40 km (point-to-point)
- FTTx last-mile installation
- FTTx service activation and repair, including in-service testing
- Last-mile/access network installation and repair
- Fiber health check-up
- Power level testing
- Insertion loss and ORL testing
- Fiber-break location
- Fault identification and location (splices, connectors, macro bends)