You have no items in your shopping cart.
Enables technicians to identify a specific live fiber without having to disconnect it and, above all, without having to guess. The end result: no more network outages caused by inadequate fiber detection or identification, and a minimized need to access the network, helping to prevent errors.
Pinpointing live and dark fibers: guesswork ends here
Performing network upgrades or optical testing requires fiber to be disconnected. This is often easier said than done, since finding the right connection can be tricky, namely because of fiber mislabeling or poor record-keeping. While the dark fiber can be identified using a tone generator (270 Hz, 1 kHz, 2 kHz), the live fiber identification technique often involves one technician pulling one end of the patchcord, with another technician trying to identify which patchcord is moving at the other end—a process that translates into long delays and can result in unnecessary service disruption.
Combined with the TG-300B Tone Generator, the innovative LFD-300B FiberFinder™ Live Fiber Identifier enables technicians to identify a specific live fiber without having to disconnect it and, above all, without having to guess.
This brings key benefits:
- No more network outages as a result of fiber detection/identification procedures
- The minimized need to access the network helps prevent errors
- Pinpoints a specific live fiber using EXFO’s FiberFinder™ functionality
- Induces minimal loss: ≤1 dB
- Locates a particular dark fiber using tone recognition (270 Hz, 1 kHz, 2 kHz)
- Improved: faster test cycle—three times faster
- Non-intrusive power measurement and fiber identification
LFD-300B/TG-300B Tone Generator/Live Fiber Detector User Guide
Brochures & Catalogs
EXFO Expert-Level Field Test Solutions (English)
Non-Intrusive Testing on High Bend Radius Fiber (English)
Novel Approach for Non-Intrusive "Clip-On" Fiber Monitoring (English)